Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.3
Found in [Package]
Shadow casters can't be SRP-batched when they have different UnityPerMaterial values
1. Open the attached project "ShaderGraphSRPBatcher.zip"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Open the Frame Debugger window and enable it
4. Select either of the two "ShadowLoopNewBatcher.Draw" draw calls under "HDRenderPipline::Render Main Camera/ExecuteRenderGraph/RenderShadowMaps"
Expected result: The draws are batched
Actual result: The draws are not batched, a message is displayed:
"Why this draw call can't be batched with the previous one
Objects either have different shadow caster shaders, or have different shader properties / keywords that affect the output of the shadow caster pass"
Reproducible with: 10.9.0 (2020.3.35f1), 12.1.7 (2021.3.4f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.3f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0a15)
Could not test with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.39f1) (Broken assets when downgrading/remaking project)
Reproducible on: macOS 12.0.1 (Intel)
Note: In 2022.2.0a15 the second line of the message is under Batch Cause
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration
- Label with Dynamic Color is not getting Playmode tint in the UI Builder window
- Error "Could not create asset from Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing" when adding Post Processing package via Git URL for the first time