Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.3
Found in [Package]
Shadow casters can't be SRP-batched when they have different UnityPerMaterial values
1. Open the attached project "ShaderGraphSRPBatcher.zip"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Open the Frame Debugger window and enable it
4. Select either of the two "ShadowLoopNewBatcher.Draw" draw calls under "HDRenderPipline::Render Main Camera/ExecuteRenderGraph/RenderShadowMaps"
Expected result: The draws are batched
Actual result: The draws are not batched, a message is displayed:
"Why this draw call can't be batched with the previous one
Objects either have different shadow caster shaders, or have different shader properties / keywords that affect the output of the shadow caster pass"
Reproducible with: 10.9.0 (2020.3.35f1), 12.1.7 (2021.3.4f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.3f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0a15)
Could not test with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.39f1) (Broken assets when downgrading/remaking project)
Reproducible on: macOS 12.0.1 (Intel)
Note: In 2022.2.0a15 the second line of the message is under Batch Cause
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 14.0.3):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a16 (HDRP 14.0.3)