Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.3
Found in [Package]
Shadow casters can't be SRP-batched when they have different UnityPerMaterial values
1. Open the attached project "ShaderGraphSRPBatcher.zip"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Open the Frame Debugger window and enable it
4. Select either of the two "ShadowLoopNewBatcher.Draw" draw calls under "HDRenderPipline::Render Main Camera/ExecuteRenderGraph/RenderShadowMaps"
Expected result: The draws are batched
Actual result: The draws are not batched, a message is displayed:
"Why this draw call can't be batched with the previous one
Objects either have different shadow caster shaders, or have different shader properties / keywords that affect the output of the shadow caster pass"
Reproducible with: 10.9.0 (2020.3.35f1), 12.1.7 (2021.3.4f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.3f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0a15)
Could not test with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.39f1) (Broken assets when downgrading/remaking project)
Reproducible on: macOS 12.0.1 (Intel)
Note: In 2022.2.0a15 the second line of the message is under Batch Cause
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first