Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[ShaderVariantCollection] Impossible to add a shader to SVC when the shader contains a GrabPass
1. Create a new project
2. Add a shader from the Example section to the project: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-GrabPass.html
3. Create a new shader variant collection asset
4. Add the shader from step 2 to the variant collection
5. Click on the + sign right above the "Add shader" button, a new window opens
6. Select Normal<No Keywords> in the window from step 5.
7. Click "Add 1 selected variants"
Expected: variant is added
Actual: an error is thrown: ArgumentException: shader GrabPassInvert pass type 0 does not have a shader snippet
Reproduced on 2020.2.0a19.
I saw a report on the forum from 2016, so it's not a regression :)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results
- [HDRP] APV debug mode Validity Over Dilation Threshold doesnt take touchup volumes in account
- [Web] Project doesn't build when a version file is included