Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in f5291952c37acce53036349d0315a7544be8a463
Found in [Package]
[Shadergraph] View Direction node in tangent space uses inaccurate algorithm, incorrect result
Background: the transform node from world to tangent had to be fixed, as it used an algorithm that assumed that the tangent space basis was always orthonormal, which is not always the case. The view direction node, when in tangent space, used the same algorithm as the transform node used to, and hasn't been updated.
1. Open the attached shadergraph in Universal RP
Expected result: the preview is solid black
Actual result: the preview has color in between the vertices, indicating that the View Direction in tangent space, when transformed to world space, does not exactly match the View Direction in world space (normalized).
Documentation ticket: https://unity3d.atlassian.net/browse/DOC-2825
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"