Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in f5291952c37acce53036349d0315a7544be8a463
Found in [Package]
[Shadergraph] View Direction node in tangent space uses inaccurate algorithm, incorrect result
Background: the transform node from world to tangent had to be fixed, as it used an algorithm that assumed that the tangent space basis was always orthonormal, which is not always the case. The view direction node, when in tangent space, used the same algorithm as the transform node used to, and hasn't been updated.
1. Open the attached shadergraph in Universal RP
Expected result: the preview is solid black
Actual result: the preview has color in between the vertices, indicating that the View Direction in tangent space, when transformed to world space, does not exactly match the View Direction in world space (normalized).
Documentation ticket: https://unity3d.atlassian.net/browse/DOC-2825
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph/Oculus/Vulkan] Line Output is not visible on Oculus
- [VFX/Oculus/GLES 3] Screen Space particles are flipped on Y
- Colors majorly change when the Volume Component's "Weight" property value changes from 0 to any small value
- [VFX/Oculus/GLES 3] Skinned Mesh and Mesh sampling effects do not appear when TexCoord is used
- Serializable type loses its "NaN" value when copying and pasting it in the Inspector window