Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.42f1, 2021.3.13f1, 2022.1.21f1, 2022.2.0b13, 2023.1.0a10
Shader variants causes freeze on Android devices with PowerVR GPU when GPU Instancing is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "TestTile.zip" project
2. Open the Build Settings (File->Build Settings...)
3. Make sure that "SampleScene" and "TestTile" Scenes are included in Scenes In Build
4. Build and run the project on an Android with PowerVR GPU
5. In the text field enter "79" (ShaderVariantManager.TestIds)
6. Make sure that the "Toggle" is enabled
7. Press the "Button"
8. Repeat steps 5-7 but on step 6 disable "Toggle"
Expected results: When GPU Instancing is enabled the Scene doesn't take drastically longer to load compared to when GPU Instancing is disabled
Actual results: When GPU Instancing is enabled Scene takes over a minute to load (compared to 1-2 seconds when GPU Instancing is disabled)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0b16, 2022.2.0a10
----------, Oppo Reno Z 中国版 (PCDM10), Android 11, CPU: NOT FOUND, GPU: PowerVR Rogue GM9446
VLNQA00391, Xiaomi Redmi 9A (M2006C3LG), Android 10, CPU: MediaTek Helio G25 (MT6762G), GPU: PowerVR Rogue GE8320
Redmi 6A (android 8.1) - User
vivo Y81s (android 8.1, MT6762V/CB) - User
vivo Y83 (android 8.1, MT6762V/CB) - User
vivo Y3 (android 9, MT6765V/CB) - User
vivo Y91 (android 8.1, MT6762V/CR) - User
Not reproducible with:
VLNQA00335, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G (SM-G986B), Android 10, CPU: Exynos 990, GPU: Mali-G77
- Reproducible with Vulkan and OpenGLES3 Graphics APIs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio