Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.15f1, 2022.2.0b15, 2023.1.0a14
Unknown (hidden) 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Shader variant build preparation does not scale
When building shaders Unity enumerates through all possible shader variants to be able to strip the excess variants using scriptable stripping. With the amount of multi_compile features increasing in the shaders, the full variant space can grow into sizes where the time and memory requirements to process becomes unbearable.
URP is especially hurt by this due to how much it utilizes multi_compile. Take the URP template project and build it. A significant portion of the time goes into preparing 400M variants, after which we only compile the required ones. Now add a few multi_compiles on top of that and the preparation can take hours.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up