Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Shader problem gives "Too many texture interpolators" error
1. Load the texarray-test project.
2. Load the main.unity scene.
3. Open Assets/TextureArraySplatLayered.shader in a text editor.
4. Change a line of code and save (to force a shader recompile).
5. Switch back to Unity and wait quite a long time for a the shader to compile (60 seconds?)
Actual result: See that the compile error is "Shader error in 'MegaSplat/MegaSplat_MacroLayered': Too many texture interpolators would be used for ForwardBase pass (11 out of max 10) at line 41"
7. Now uncomment this line, to fix it //djh o.Normal = half3(0, 1, 0);
8. Switch back to Unity and wait
9. See that there are no compile errors.
Expected: An error message which points the user in the right direction to solve the problem ( e.g. "You forgot to set the Normal shader output" )
Reproducible: 5.6.0a3, 5.5.0f1, 5.4.2p3, 5.3.7f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player
- Lighting data is carried over from one Scene to another when changing Scenes in the Play Mode