Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Shader no longer compiles with internal error
The shader PkFxDepthCopy no longer compiles for GLES3, Metal and OpenGLCore (and vulkan, apparently) after switching from Unity 5.4 to Unity 5.5 and gives the error :
"Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader snippet type=[0|1] platform=<platform_id>: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number"
1. Open attached project
2. Select the shader in Resources/PkFxDepthCopy
3. In the inspector, drop down on the "Compile and show code", make sure one of the problematic APIs is selected
4. Click "compile and show code"
Expected Result: Shader should compile without errors
Regression from 5.4.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The "Add Component" context menu root level has a parent when is reopened after selecting a Component
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"