Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 10.3.0
Found in [Package]
Shader has different effects depending on whether the material was created by selecting the shader or applying it afterwards
1. Open the project attached by the user
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Observe that "SelectedQuad" has distortion and "UnSelectedQuad" doesn't have distortion
Expected result: the shader acts the same whether it's created by selecting the shader or applying it afterwards
Actual result: the shader distortion doesn't work when it was applied to the material after creating it
Reproducible with: 10.1.0 (2020.2.0b11), 10.2.0 (2020.2.0b13, 2021.1.0a7)
Cannot test with: 7.3.1, 7.5.1 (2019.4.15f1), 8.2.0 (2020.1.15f1) due to the UnlitDistortion shader errors if moved to any other project
- When both materials created are opened in a text editor, we can see that the one that was created by applying the shader to the material after creation has "DistortionVectors" and "RayTracingPrepass" in "disabledShaderPasses" section, whereas the one that was created by selecting the shader in the first place don't have those properties
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject icon disappears when selecting the GameObject
- [Android] Maximum deltaTime is reached when opening an app from the background
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.