Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Shader compiler crashes on Vulkan when dissasembling an uncompiled broken shader
How to reproduce:
1. Download the attached project, extract it and clear its Library folder
2. Open the project
3. Inspect "Test Shader.shader" and press "Show compiled code" in its Inspector
4. Observe the console
Expected result: Shader compiler does not crash
Actual result: Shader compiler crashes when trying to disassemble previously uncompiled, broken shader
Reproduced in: 2020.2.0a13, 2020.1.0b10, 2020.1.0a16
Not reproducible: 2020.1.0a15, 2019.3.15f1, 2018.4.23f1 (Can't reproduce it here because the Editor tries and fails to compile the shader every time even after clearing the Library)
Note: This only reproduces with shaders that haven't been compiled before - in other words, the Editor does not know that they're broken. Since in the "Not reproducible" versions the Editor already knows that the shader is broken the shader compiler crash does not reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete