Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[SerializeReference] Non-Serialized fields loose their default initializers value when after entering PlayMode
1) Add Script InitBug.cs to a project
2) In the project view, create a new "Initialized Fields Bug" asset.
3) Select the asset and click the cog icon to show the assets context menu, select "Check Values".
4) The console should say that both fields are NOT null.
5) Enter play mode.
6) Select the asset and click the cog icon to show the assets context menu, select "Check Values".
7) The SerializeReference field is now null. This should never happen.
If a value is changed in a script during play mode, all the non-serialized fields will lose their values.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- A game object is instantiated in a translated transform position when it is instantiated as a child of a new parent object