Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
SerializeReference field from ScriptableObject loses value when deleting last array item and then pressing undo
1. Open the attached project "case1266303.zip"
2. In the Project window click on element named "Test asset"
3. In the Inspector window right-click on "Element 0" and select "Delete Array Element"
4. Undo the action
5. Observe the "Element 0" Integer field in the Inspector window
Expected result: The Integer field value is the same as before deleting
Actual result: The Integer field value is 0
Reproducible with: 2019.4.6f1, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19
Could not test with: 2018.4.25f1 (namespace name 'SerializeReferenceAttribute' could not be found)
Note: When deleting array element Editor throws this error: Could not reach source property name 'entries.Array.data' while extracting diffs, the reference does not exist in the source serialized data
Feb 15, 2021 11:38
Will this bug be fixed in LTS and 2020 versions any time soon please?
Feb 02, 2021 23:19
Finally found this report. Please guys, make this fix happen.
Feb 02, 2021 23:14
Unfortunately this breaks my project. How can I avoid using SerializeReference?
Moreover if I put a custom property drawer on the object I made the array of, it just makes Unity 2020.2.2 quit without any usable information.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a5
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.7f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.9f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.28f1