Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
SerializedProperty.objectReferenceInstanceIDValue asserts if Update() has been called for the serialized object
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "SerializationBug.zip" project
2. Open scene "Sample Scene"
3. Select "Bug" in the Hierarchy
4. Right-click the "Reproduce Bug" component and select "Execute Bug"
Expected results: There are no errors in the Console
Actual results: There are multiple assertion failures in the Console
Reproducible with: 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a5
Notes: Commenting line 21 in the ReproduceBug.cs (which causes the serialized object not to be updated anymore) stops the issue from reproducing
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version