Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
SerializedProperty.objectReferenceInstanceIDValue asserts if Update() has been called for the serialized object
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "SerializationBug.zip" project
2. Open scene "Sample Scene"
3. Select "Bug" in the Hierarchy
4. Right-click the "Reproduce Bug" component and select "Execute Bug"
Expected results: There are no errors in the Console
Actual results: There are multiple assertion failures in the Console
Reproducible with: 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a5
Notes: Commenting line 21 in the ReproduceBug.cs (which causes the serialized object not to be updated anymore) stops the issue from reproducing
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
- AssetDatabase is overwriting GUIDs