Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Serialization] [IL2CPP] BinaryFormatter.Deserialize method fails to deserialize a nullable struct field with multiple fields
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project ("1361559_2021.2.0a18_repro.zip")
2. Build And Run
Expected result: dummyFloatValue equals the original value (123.456f) after deserialization, "OK" logged in the Development Console
Actual result: dummyFloatValue equals zero, "DESERIALIZATION FAILED" logged in the Development Console.
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b10, 2022.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.17f, 2021.1.19f1, 2021.2.0a17
Phone 8 Plus (iOS 14.4.2)
iPad 6th generation (iOS 14.4.2)
iPad Air 2 (iOS 11.0.3)
- Reproducible on Windows and macOS (with IL2CPP Scripting Backend), iOS
Oct 18, 2021 20:53
Not Fixed. It's even more BROKEN :(
Oct 18, 2021 19:21
Please fix this issue, provide a way to read legacy data or convert it to the modern format.
Oct 18, 2021 19:17
This made the issue worse, not better. By not being able to read the older legacy format of the game save, it will crash the client if we update. Please revert or fix.
Oct 18, 2021 18:41
This made impossible to load serialized files from older engine versions meaning loss of data.
Oct 14, 2021 07:53
After this update on b16 when i try to deserialize a serializable class that contains a list with a primitive type and a sorteddictionary with key being a string and value being another serializable class it crashes the player (il2cpp only)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a12
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b16