Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
"SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" thrown when loading UI Asset for the first time
1. Open attached project ("case_1263521.zip")
2. From the menu bar select AG Tools > Prefab tester
3. In the opened "Prefab Tester" window click any button
4. Observe the Console window
Expected result: No warnings are thrown
Actual result: "SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" warning is thrown
Reproducible in: 2019.4.1f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.0a2, 2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a20
Not reproducible in: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0a1
1. The issue is only reproducible when loading an asset from the asset database for the first time, so in order to reproduce it again, the project has to be closed and reopened.
2. For issue to reproduce the Asset has to be a nested Prefab.
3. Full warning message:
SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate
PrefabScriptSearch:OnGUI () (at Assets/PrefabScriptSearch.cs:41)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name