Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
"SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" thrown when loading UI Asset for the first time
1. Open attached project ("case_1263521.zip")
2. From the menu bar select AG Tools > Prefab tester
3. In the opened "Prefab Tester" window click any button
4. Observe the Console window
Expected result: No warnings are thrown
Actual result: "SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" warning is thrown
Reproducible in: 2019.4.1f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.0a2, 2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a20
Not reproducible in: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0a1
1. The issue is only reproducible when loading an asset from the asset database for the first time, so in order to reproduce it again, the project has to be closed and reopened.
2. For issue to reproduce the Asset has to be a nested Prefab.
3. Full warning message:
SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate
PrefabScriptSearch:OnGUI () (at Assets/PrefabScriptSearch.cs:41)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view