Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
"SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" thrown when loading UI Asset for the first time
1. Open attached project ("case_1263521.zip")
2. From the menu bar select AG Tools > Prefab tester
3. In the opened "Prefab Tester" window click any button
4. Observe the Console window
Expected result: No warnings are thrown
Actual result: "SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate" warning is thrown
Reproducible in: 2019.4.1f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.0a2, 2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a20
Not reproducible in: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0a1
1. The issue is only reproducible when loading an asset from the asset database for the first time, so in order to reproduce it again, the project has to be closed and reopened.
2. For issue to reproduce the Asset has to be a nested Prefab.
3. Full warning message:
SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate
PrefabScriptSearch:OnGUI () (at Assets/PrefabScriptSearch.cs:41)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process