Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Secondary Texture AssetImporter reference error when using same texture as Main Texture in Sprite Editor
1. Open project "case_1331542"
2. Open Sprite Editor from Windows>2D>Sprite Editor
3. Select the Sprite "T_MAINTEXTURE"
4. Change the Sprite Editor to Secondary Textures
5. Set the Texture to "T_MAINTEXTURE"
6. Press Apply
7. Observe Console window
Expected result: Secondary Texture is applied
Actual result: Error occurs and Secondary Texture is set to None
Reproducible with: 1.0.0 (2019.4.24f1, 2020.3.4f1, 2021.1.4f1, 2021.2.0a15)
Could not test with: 2018.4.33f1 (Secondary Textures not featured in Sprite Editor)
AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
A fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2022.1.0a2 and above