Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.28f1, 2022.3.4f1, 2023.1.2f1, 2023.2.0a20
Search: The same columns can be added multiple times
Steps to reproduce:
# Create a 3D project
# Add 3D Object -> Cube
# Window -> Search -> New Window
# Change the window view to the "Table" view
# Find "+" (Add column) button
# Add selected column from the list
# Observe that the selected column becomes added to the window view
# Repeat the same action several times
# Observe that the same selected column becomes added as many times as you selected it
Expected result: The column should be selectable and added only once. What is the value to have it n times in the same window? So at the beginning item/column should be displayed as active so that the user could select it, but later if it was already selected, so in the list, it should become as not active, and the user won't be able to select and add it again. If a column becomes removed from the view, it becomes active in the selection list again.
Actual result: Column becomes added as many times as it was selected. Added screenshot in the "Attachments" section.
Reproducible with: 2021.3.25f1, 2022.2.19f1, 2023.1.0b17, 2023.2.0a15.
Note: This bug is a usability issue and would be more like a feature request to update columns adding workflow in the "Search" window.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"