Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b9, 2023.2.0a15
Under Consideration for 2022.2.X
Search: Console displays "Failed to save search query at Assets/ .asset" error during search query saving
Steps to reproduce:
# Create a 2D project
# Add any 2D game object for example "Capsule"
# Go to "Window" menu and select "Search" ->"New Window"
# Type "Capsule" into search input section and click "Enter"
# Click save button and select "Save Project"
# In "Save search query" popup delete proposed name and enter space symbol
# Observe "Save" button
# Click it, because the button becomes active
# Observe "Console" window
Expected result: Validation shouldn't allow to save the query. Added screenshot in the "Attachments" section.
Actual result: Console displays errors. Added video in the "Attachments" section.
Note: this happens only on Mac. On Windows the SavePanel dialog doesn't allow empty asset name.
Reproducible with: 2023.1.0b3, 2022.2.6f1, 2021.3.18f1, 2021.3.1f1.
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.45f1 (this stream has no this window).
Assets/ .asset' is not a valid asset file name.
Failed to save search query at Assets/ .asset
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:127)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a15):
Revision: trunk e4d2a7e41f40
Built: Tue, 09 May 2023 02:23:23 GMT
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0b9):
Revision: 2023.1/staging 824d2f8c920d
Built: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:38:28 GMT