Search Issue Tracker
Scroll Rect scrolls indefinitely if the Canvas it is attached to is disabled when entering Play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1239517 repro" project
2. Open the "TestScene" from the Assets folder
3. Select the "Image" GameObject
4. Enter Play mode
Expected result: the Rect Transform values of the "Image" GameObject don't change
Actual result: the Rect Transform values of the "Image" GameObject change steadily
Reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a8
-The GameObject holding the Scroll Rect needs to have a parent GameObject between itself and the GameObject holding the Canvas Component
-This bug doesn't reproduce if the Canvas is enabled when entering Play mode and gets disabled while playing
-The speed at which values change is directly correlated to the Rect Transform Y Scale of the GameObject holding the Scroll Rect Component. The closer it is to 0 the faster the values change. If the value of the Y Scale is 0, the bug doesn't reproduce
-When the Canvas gets enabled the values rapidly return to the correct ones as shown in "ScrollBug.mp4"
-If the values become big enough they won't return to the correct ones even when the Canvas is enabled as shown in "ProlongedTest.mp4"
-Sometimes the values change even when not in play mode as shown in "NotInPlayMode.mp4" but this happened only a few times and the reproduction steps for that remain unknown
-The Canvas Scaler seems to be a workaround and not a cause of this bug since it is reproducible without it
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player