Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.15f1, 2022.2.0b6, 2023.1.0a2
Unknown (hidden) 2021.3.X
Scripting Define Symbols are deleted after applying changes when External Script Editor is set to "Open by file extension"
1. Open the user's attached "Unity 2022.zip" project
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player > (select any platform except Windows, Mac, Linux) > Script Compilation > Script Define Symbols
3. Press the "Add to the list" button
4. Write a name for a Scripting Define Symbol and press the "Apply" button
Expected result: Scripting define Symbol is saved
Actual result: Scripting define Symbol is deleted
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a2, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0a1
- Setting External Script Editor to Visual Studio or Rider and restarting the project fixes the issue (may need to repeat a couple of times)
- Scripting Define Symbols aren't deleted in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux"
- Scripting Define Symbols created in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux" are also transferred to other platforms
Oct 06, 2022 21:13
You can fix this by filling in the scripting define symbols manually in the standalone version section of your ProjectSettings.asset file in the ProjectSettings folder of your project.
Jul 15, 2022 21:52
will this never get fixed? It is super critical, we can't build for any platform that requires define symbols!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a2):
Fixed in: 2023.1.0a2
Resolution Note (2021.3.X):
Already fixed - see note from Suresh