Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.15f1, 2022.2.0b6, 2023.1.0a2
Unknown (hidden) 2021.3.X
Scripting Define Symbols are deleted after applying changes when External Script Editor is set to "Open by file extension"
1. Open the user's attached "Unity 2022.zip" project
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player > (select any platform except Windows, Mac, Linux) > Script Compilation > Script Define Symbols
3. Press the "Add to the list" button
4. Write a name for a Scripting Define Symbol and press the "Apply" button
Expected result: Scripting define Symbol is saved
Actual result: Scripting define Symbol is deleted
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a2, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0a1
- Setting External Script Editor to Visual Studio or Rider and restarting the project fixes the issue (may need to repeat a couple of times)
- Scripting Define Symbols aren't deleted in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux"
- Scripting Define Symbols created in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux" are also transferred to other platforms
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP
- Shortcuts inconsistently trigger when they have a conflict with the same Command
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component