Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.15f1, 2022.2.0b6, 2023.1.0a2
Unknown (hidden) 2021.3.X
Scripting Define Symbols are deleted after applying changes when External Script Editor is set to "Open by file extension"
1. Open the user's attached "Unity 2022.zip" project
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player > (select any platform except Windows, Mac, Linux) > Script Compilation > Script Define Symbols
3. Press the "Add to the list" button
4. Write a name for a Scripting Define Symbol and press the "Apply" button
Expected result: Scripting define Symbol is saved
Actual result: Scripting define Symbol is deleted
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a2, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0a1
- Setting External Script Editor to Visual Studio or Rider and restarting the project fixes the issue (may need to repeat a couple of times)
- Scripting Define Symbols aren't deleted in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux"
- Scripting Define Symbols created in "Settings for Windows, Mac, Linux" are also transferred to other platforms
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine
- [OpenGL][Linux] Scene View flickers diagonally when zooming in/out
- Error "0xc00d36e6" is thrown when importing a video file encoded with the 58.76.100 encoder