Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
ScriptedImporter's GatherDependenciesFromSourceFile() is not executed when defined in Base class and called from Derived class
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1203843_GatherDependenciesFromSourceFileNotCalled"
2. Right-click on the asset "foo" in the Assets folder in the Project window
3. Select Reimport in the Context menu
4. Observe the results in Console window
Expected results: the method GatherDependenciesFromSourceFile(string assetPath) is executed when it is called from Derived class
Actual results: the method GatherDependenciesFromSourceFile(string assetPath) is not executed when it is called from Derived class
Reproducible with: 2019.1.14f1 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a18
Could not test with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.2.19f1 due to errors
Note: GatherDependenciesFromSourceFile() is executed when it is defined in the Base class and it is called from there (there is the asset "Bar" in the attached project to show it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"