Search Issue Tracker
ScriptedImporter generates an error when trying to create a new scene
1. Open the provided project
2. Browse for the level.dat file in Assets-->SamOatesGames --> UnityMineCraft --> Examples --> Flat World
3. Right click on level.dat and reimport the asset
An error message appears in the console:
"UnloadUnusedAssets incorrect caused some assets to load. This can easily cause deadlocks or crashes."
The scriptedImporter is creating a new scene upon import and this is probably what causes the error to appear.
Note on why this is being resolved as "won't fix": scenes are application state constructs that at the moment and are not treated as actual assets: there is no Scene Asset type and in the context of an importer, scene don't make sense since they cannot be the output of a scripted import event and when creating a scene it actually alters the global state of the application which violates what importers are allowed to do.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Errors appear when entering Play Mode if using AsDeferredJobArray()
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device
- TerrainData.AwakeFromLoad takes around 13-19 ms after loading a Terrain from an asset bundle