Search Issue Tracker
Evaluate() doesn't evaluate a Timeline when animated GameObject has a reference to a Controller in the Animator Component
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the original project
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets -> Scenes
3. Open "SampleScene"
4. Press Play
Expected results: PlayableDirector.Evaluate() evaluates the Timeline
Actual results: Animator Controller prevents PlayableDirector.Evaluate() from working which prevents Animation in the Timeline from playing
Reproducible with: 2017.4.20f1, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b2, 2019.2.0a4
Notes: This Animation works in Editor Mode but doesn't work in Play Mode
PlayableDirector.Evaluate() evaluates the timeline immediately for the given frame, and the results may be overwritten later in the frame (e.g. by an Animator Controller). Play() on the director will layer the timeline on top of the animator controller. DeferredEvaluate() will evaluate the timeline at the end of the next frame, which may be the desired behaviour here.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position