Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.7
[ScriptableObject] Name of child scriptable objects changes spontaneously
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Delete "Repro Asset" scriptable object found in Assets folder
3. In top menu, click "Repro > Setup Repro Asset"
4. Once asset is created, expand it and notice that it has 3 children. Two named "Child Node" and one is named "Repro Asset"
5. On keyboard, click ctrl+s to save scene and once Save Scene window appears press cancel
6. Expand "Repro Asset" again ant notice that this time only one ScriptableObject is named "Child Node" and other two are named "Repro Asset"
Note: All children created in Step 4 should be named Child Node. Looks like one of them gets renamed instantly.
Regression introduced in: 5.3.3p1 (looks like 770926 introduced it)
Reproduced with: 5.4.0b8
Workaround: Name your main/containing asset's file something
alphabetically before all child assets
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors