Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Script won't load when opening Sample Project "Simple Demo" of Input System
1. Open the attached project "1363607.zip"
2. Open the "SimpleDemo_UsingActionAsset" Scene from Assets > Samples > Input System > 1.0.2 > Simple Demo
3. Select the "Player" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Observe the Inspector
Expected result: All Components are without warnings
Actual result: Script Component shows a warning: "The associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script."
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a8, 2021.1.24f1, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.0a7, 2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a12
- Workaround is to delete the "1.0.2" folder and import "Simple Demo" from the Input System package
- This issue stays in all Scenes of this Simple Demo Sample project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset
- [Mono] Crash on SystemNative_ReadDirR() when building for IOS/Android on a macOS machine