Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.2.X, 2023.2.X
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2023.1.X
Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.
# Open the user’s attached project “ReproProject”
# Open the “_Assets/Test.unity_” scene
# Navigate to “_Preferences/General/Script Changes While Playin_g” and set it to “Recompile After Finished Playing”
# Navigate to “_Preferences/Asset Pipeline/Auto Refresh_” and set it to _Enabled_
# Enter Play Mode
# Open the “_Assets/Test.cs_” script, uncomment line 11
# Save the script and return back to the Editor
Expected result: Script does not recompile in Play Mode
Actual result: The script recompiles while still in Play Mode
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a8, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.3.15f1, 2022.2.0f1, 2023.1.0a20
Not Reproducible with: 2020.3.42f1, 2021.1.0a7
Reproducible on: Intel macOS 13.0.1
Note: Changing the Auto Refresh selection to “Enabled Outside Play Mode” seems to stop the recompilation in Play Mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use