Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.8.0
Found in [Package]
Script graph cannot be opened and "Failed to deserialize behaviour." error is logged after deleting a custom node Script
1. Open the user's attached project "Embeded Graph Corruption Repro.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Embeded Graph Test" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Click "Edit Graph" in the Inspector window
5. Delete DeleteMeUnit.cs from the Assets folder
Expected result: The "Delete Me Unit" node disappears
Actual result: The graph cannot be opened, an error is thrown:
"Failed to deserialize behaviour.
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Deserialization into 'Unity.VisualScripting.FlowMachine' failed. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Internal Deserialization Error - Object definition has not been encountered for object with id=14; have you reordered or modified the serialized data? If this is an issue with an unmodified Full Serializer implementation and unmodified serialization data, please report an issue with an included test case."
Reproducible with: 1.7.6 (2021.2.18f1), 1.7.7 (2022.1.0b14), 1.8.0-pre.1 (2022.2.0b9)
Could not test with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.32f1 (Visual Scripting package not available)
1. The error will be thrown if the source of the Script Machine is "Graph" but the graph will be openable
2. "Delete Me Unit\!" needs to be connected to another unit
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true