Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
SceneManager.GetSceneByName() returns Null when buildsettings path to the Scene is given as a parameter
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1155473.zip"
2. Start Play mode
3. Inspect the Console window
Expected result: Scene's name is logged
Actual result: Null is logged
Reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a3
The documentation states that SceneManager.GetSceneByName() should work when a path to the Scene is given.
SceneManager.GetSceneByPath() works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved