Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
SceneManager.GetSceneByName() returns Null when buildsettings path to the Scene is given as a parameter
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1155473.zip"
2. Start Play mode
3. Inspect the Console window
Expected result: Scene's name is logged
Actual result: Null is logged
Reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a3
The documentation states that SceneManager.GetSceneByName() should work when a path to the Scene is given.
SceneManager.GetSceneByPath() works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor