Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
SceneManager.GetSceneByName() returns Null when buildsettings path to the Scene is given as a parameter
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1155473.zip"
2. Start Play mode
3. Inspect the Console window
Expected result: Scene's name is logged
Actual result: Null is logged
Reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a3
The documentation states that SceneManager.GetSceneByName() should work when a path to the Scene is given.
SceneManager.GetSceneByPath() works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible