Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
SceneManager.GetSceneByName() returns Null when buildsettings path to the Scene is given as a parameter
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1155473.zip"
2. Start Play mode
3. Inspect the Console window
Expected result: Scene's name is logged
Actual result: Null is logged
Reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a3
The documentation states that SceneManager.GetSceneByName() should work when a path to the Scene is given.
SceneManager.GetSceneByPath() works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use