Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
[Scene Template] Cannot instantiate new Scene when the "Basic URP" template is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's "URP_SceneTemplate_21_2" attached project
2. Select "File -> New Scene -> Basic (URP)"
3. Select "Create"
Expected result: A new Scene is created with the "Basic (URP)" template
Actual result: "Opening scene in read-only package!" window is thrown, ArgumentException error is thrown in the Console window and "Untitled" Scene is opened
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a8
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.21f1 (no Universal RP templates are available)
The thrown error:
ArgumentException: Cannot open scene with path "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Editor/SceneTemplates/Basic.unity".
Note: this bug happens for any scene template without a dependencies opened from a readonly package.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a11
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0b15
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.38f1