Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Scene Hierarchy] ArgumentException is thrown on applying recursive parenting for objects
On Creating Empty Parent from 'Default Parent' Object causes ArgumentException is thrown in console. Refer attached video and stack trace.
Steps to Repro:
1. Create a new Project
2. Hierarchy > 3d object > Cube
3. Right-click the Cube and "Set as Default Parent"
4. Cube > Right-Click > Create Empty Parent
ArgumentException is thrown on applying recursive parenting for objects.
An error-explaining warning message should be throw if recursive parenting for objects is not supported.
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a11, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.1f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.3.0f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.2.0a5
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.22f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a4 (No "Create Empty Parent" feature)
Windows 10 and macOS 10.15
ArgumentException: Gameobject is not a root in a scene
UnityEditor.Undo.MoveGameObjectToScene (UnityEngine.GameObject go, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene, System.String name) (at <fcd8871c3b3c490e9ae01fd142b44aa5>:0)
UnityEditor.GOCreationCommands.CreateEmptyParent () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Commands/GOCreationCommands.cs:151)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String options, System.Int32 selected) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:126)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] iPhone XR texture issues when using a vertex shader
- [macOS] Returned systemWidth and systemHeight are half of the correct values when using Display.main
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime