Search Issue Tracker
[Roslyn] VBCSCompiler.exe remains running after Unity build has finished when building Unity Player in batch mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Open PowerShell window
3. Run this command: "('- path to the Editor -\Unity.exe -projectPath "- path to the project -" -batchMode -quit -buildWindows64Player $pwd/Build/MyProject.exe -NoNewWindow -Wait -PassThru).ExitCode"
4. Wait for the build to finish
5. Open the Task Manager
6. Notice that the VBCSCompiler.exe is still running
Expected: VBCSCompiler.exe is shut down after the build finishes
Actual: VBCSCompiler.exe keeps running after the build finished until it times out
Reproducible with: 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11
Note: Roslyn Compiler was introduced in Unity 2018.3
The C# compiler runs in server mode and may outlive the lifetime of the Unity Editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets