Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0a20
Ribbon Mode particle curls and twists in random places when using Sub Emitter Rate over Distance emission
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Ribbon Issue.zip"
2. Navigate to Assets > Scenes > SampleScene.unity
3. In the Hierarchy window select "Particle System" GameObject
4. Click "Restart" under Particle Effect in the Scene View
5. Observe the released particle from Particle System
Expected result: A straight ribbon appears from the Particle System
Actual result: A ribbon with twists and curls in random places appear from the Particle System
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
Note: This also happens in the Play Mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Feb 28, 2022 15:25
I, and other VFX artists in the team, often use Ribbons on a subemitter in conjunction with emit per distance. There are instances where this bug can be avoided by using constant Rate, there are also multiple cases where it just won't do the trick. Fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated, as it would solve a lot of hurdles.