Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
RequireComponent causes components on prefabs to be duplicated on play
1) Open user's attached project
2) Open "TestScene"
3) Select "PrefabInstanceWithColliderReplaced" prefab in hierarchy to see components' (especially colliders) behavior
4) Start scene
Prefab which bugs reproductions steps:
1) Create a new game object.
2) Add a BoxCollider2D.
3) Add the ScriptRequiringCollider2D component I have attached to my bug
4) Create a prefab out of this game object.
5) Instantiate another copy of this prefab into the scene.
6) Add another collider that will satisfy the component dependency, say,
7) Remove the original BoxCollider2D from the prefab instance.
The more you starting scene and ending, more errors and colliders you get.
Works only with users attached prefab (watch attached gif).
Bug appears on both 3D colliders and 2D.
If component exist on object, shouldn't create a copy of it.
Creates as many copies of component as many times scene has been started.
Also sends error on start and stop scene:
"Error removing component when merging prefab changes: Can't remove BoxCollider2D because ScriptRequiringCollider2D (Script) depends on it"
5.0.4f1, 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.0f4, 5.3.3p2, 5.3.3p3, 5.3.4f1, 5.4.0b8, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Opening Version control window while Work Offline is enabled will cause editor to keep trying to connect to VCS server
- [Gameroom] InputField doesn't accept characters after minimising a maximised window
- Missing Avatar assignement in A$ "Mecanim GDC2013 Sample Project"
- [OSX] Menu item becomes inactive if custom window is closed before progress bar.
- Reimporting FBX without Animations causes the Mesh to move to another position but the Pivot remains in the same position