Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Won't Fix in 2017.4.X
RequireComponent causes components on prefabs to be duplicated on play
1) Open user's attached project
2) Open "TestScene"
3) Select "PrefabInstanceWithColliderReplaced" prefab in hierarchy to see components' (especially colliders) behavior
4) Start scene
Prefab which bugs reproductions steps:
1) Create a new game object.
2) Add a BoxCollider2D.
3) Add the ScriptRequiringCollider2D component I have attached to my bug
4) Create a prefab out of this game object.
5) Instantiate another copy of this prefab into the scene.
6) Add another collider that will satisfy the component dependency, say,
7) Remove the original BoxCollider2D from the prefab instance.
The more you starting scene and ending, more errors and colliders you get.
Works only with users attached prefab (watch attached gif).
Bug appears on both 3D colliders and 2D.
If component exist on object, shouldn't create a copy of it.
Creates as many copies of component as many times scene has been started.
Also sends error on start and stop scene:
"Error removing component when merging prefab changes: Can't remove BoxCollider2D because ScriptRequiringCollider2D (Script) depends on it"
5.0.4f1, 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.0f4, 5.3.3p2, 5.3.3p3, 5.3.4f1, 5.4.0b8, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” error appears when inserting a double character if using “SetValueWithoutNotify” on UI Toolkit’s TextField
- Particle System emission delays between particle generations when playing the simulation
- EditorUtility.DisplayDialog is not shown when Input.GetMouseButtonDown is called a second time
- Animator Enum Properties get set to 0 instead of the value specified in the Scene when the Property is animated by a State that is not playing
- [iOS] Background thread runs a few times slower when “application.targetFrameRate“ is set to 30 compared to 29 on some iOS devices