Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Renderer] GPU Instancing glitches out mesh particles when a standard particle shader is initially assigned
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Drag the AssignMe material from the project window onto the particle system
3. Observe glitch
- not a regression, happens in 2018.1, where the feature was introduced.
- i think we can fix it by hooking into the SetDirty call on the SetMaterial. either make it virtual and override it, or hook into whatever it causes to be called (was it UpdateRenderer or something?)
- basically we need to reset the vertex streams hash to 0, to forceit to be recalculated, whenever the material changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)