Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Renderer] GPU Instancing glitches out mesh particles when a standard particle shader is initially assigned
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Drag the AssignMe material from the project window onto the particle system
3. Observe glitch
- not a regression, happens in 2018.1, where the feature was introduced.
- i think we can fix it by hooking into the SetDirty call on the SetMaterial. either make it virtual and override it, or hook into whatever it causes to be called (was it UpdateRenderer or something?)
- basically we need to reset the vertex streams hash to 0, to forceit to be recalculated, whenever the material changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System