Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Renderer] GPU Instancing glitches out mesh particles when a standard particle shader is initially assigned
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Drag the AssignMe material from the project window onto the particle system
3. Observe glitch
- not a regression, happens in 2018.1, where the feature was introduced.
- i think we can fix it by hooking into the SetDirty call on the SetMaterial. either make it virtual and override it, or hook into whatever it causes to be called (was it UpdateRenderer or something?)
- basically we need to reset the vertex streams hash to 0, to forceit to be recalculated, whenever the material changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes on GC_grow_table when trying to deserialize an XML file
- [Build Callbacks] Build is not failing when BuildFailedException is thrown in the PostProcessScene Callback
- [Terrain] The function TerrainData.GetDetailLayer only returns 0 or 1
- [Windows 7] VideoPlayer.Prepare causes a stack overflow crash if Video is loaded from asset bundle
- [WebGL] Mouse input is blocked after a few moves when using Edge browser