Search Issue Tracker
Render Pipeline Asset cannot be loaded due to Compile errors when upgrading project in Unity 2019
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "1150131.zip" project on Unity 2019 (therefore upgrading it from 2018.3.11f1)
2. Once it loads, observe the Console errors caused by "Assets\HoloToolkit\BuildAndDeploy\Editor\BuildDeployWindow.cs"
3. Open the "SampleScene" scene
4. Open the "Graphics" tab in the Projects Settings window
-- The cube in the scene is pink; Render Pipeline Asset in Projects Settings is set to none; "LightweightRenderPipelineAsset" cannot be set as a Render Pipeline Asset
Expected result: "LightweightRenderPipelineAsset" is set as a Render Pipeline Asset (like before upgrading the project version); the cube in the scene is not pink.
Reproducible with - 2019.1.0b1, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a2, 2019.2.0a14
Not reproducible with - 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0a15, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.3.0a1
Workaround: Reopen Unity or delete "Library" folder from the project directory.
- If the HoloLens Toolkit (that causes the Compile errors in step 2) is not present in the project, the issue does not occur.
- The issue is not reproducible when "Library" folder is deleted from the project directory before opening the project.
- The issue is only reproducible once when the opening project on Unity 2019 (not reproducible on reopening).
- The repro project is created using Unity 2018.3.11f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
If there are compiler errors in the project, the LWRP package will failed to compiled. That's how packages work in Unity unfortunately. Once the compiler errors are fixed, then LWRP should work fine. Resolving this bug as design as the compiler errors are in third party software.