Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[Regression] Terrain's material is overspecular when .png or .gif textures with alpha channel are used as basemap
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 't1' scene;
2. Observe terrain's rendering.
Terrain is rendered with zero smoothness value.
Terrain is rendered completely specular (with maximum smoothness value). See attached video and screenshots.
Regression introduced in Unity 5.6.0b3.
Workaround is to use textures with .jpg, .tif or .psd format as terrain's basemap.
- Reproduces in 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0p1, 5.6.0f1 5.6.0b3;
- Doesn't repro in Unity 5.6.0b2, 5.6.0b1, 5.5.0p1;
- Reproduces on Windows 10 and OSX 10.12.1;
- Also specular rendering reproduces when creating new Unity project with .png or .gif textures with alpha channel used as basemap;
- Doesn't repro when .jpg, .tif, .psd textures are used as basemap;
- Reproduces in both Editor and Standalone Player.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Chrome66: no longer playing integrated audio
- Chrome65 deprecation warning: AudioParam value setter will become equivalent to AudioParam.setValueAtTime()
- Turn off stats collection for areas hidden in Profiler window
- [PLM] Changing Indirect Intensity values don't affect light probes
- [Facebook] FileNotFound exception when switching SDK.