Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[Regression] Crash in Projector::PrepareRenderNode after selecting gameobject in the Hierarchy
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 't1' scene;
2. Select 'Terrain' gameobject in the Hierarchy;
3. In the Terrain Inspector go to 'Place Tree' tab;
4. In the Hierarchy click on 'Directional Light' gameobject;
5. In the Hierarchy click on 'Main Camera' gameobject.
Gameobject is selected.
Editor crashes. See attached video. Last calls from stacktrace:
#0 0x0000010093f6f0 in GameObject::QueryComponentByType(Unity::Type const*) const
#1 0x00000100a1cedf in Projector::SetupProjectorSettings(Material*, ProjectorRenderSettings&)
#2 0x00000100a1eff5 in Projector::PrepareRenderNode(unsigned int, unsigned int, Projector*, RenderNodeQueue&, PerThreadPageAllocator&)
#3 0x00000100a4a80d in EndRenderQueueExtraction(RenderNodeQueuePrepareContext*)
#4 0x000001009a5555 in CullResults::GetOrCreateSharedRendererScene()
#5 0x000001015467f3 in Camera::RenderEditorCamera(Camera::EditorDrawingMode, DrawGridParameters const*, CullResults*, Camera::RenderFlag, int)
Regression introduced in Unity 2017.3.0f2.
- Reproducible in 2018.1.0a7, 2018.1.0a6, 2017.3.0f2;
- Not reproducible in 2018.1.0a5, 2017.3.0f1, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p4;
- Reproducible on both Windows 10 and macOSX 10.13.1;
- Reproducible only when Terrain with missed prefab is selected in the Inspector;
- The case might not repro for the first time, if it doesn't, select Terrain (with opened Place Tree tab having missed prefab), click on Camera and Directional Light or vice versa. Repeat several times.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Lighting] Reflection Probe causes shadow artifacts on Android while using OpenGL2 graphics API
- Realtime Reflection probe throws error after pressing `Bake Reflection Probes`
- TestRunner Window does not update test results correctly for tests with the same name
- [UI] Invalid AABB inAABB error occurs on clearing reference resolution values for canvas scaler
- [Editor] Missing reference exception occurs on deleting particle system