Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[Regression] AssetBundleManager crashes editor in GetAllScenePathsFromAssetBundle
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project
2. In Unity, under Tools/Configuration..., click on Generate with the default settings.
3. Open the scene named GameLoading.unity
4. Under NAME_1/AssetBundles/Choose Source, select 'NAME_1 Server'
5. Launch a standalone build to initialize/create a bunch of things: Under NAME_2/Build Game, select Debug-Dev-Remote and let the others box unchecked. Press Build.
6. Next time you press Play in the Editor, it should get into the bootstrap scene, try to download assets and crash.
Actual result: Editor crash while loading
0x00000001403AD44A (Unity) GetAllScenePathsFromAssetBundle
0x00000001403ADE13 (Unity) AssetBundleManager::UnloadAssetBundle
0x0000000141B252C6 (Unity) DownloadHandlerAssetBundle::PerformAbort
0x00000001406D38DA (Unity) BackgroundJobQueue::ExecuteMainThreadJobs
0x000000014071E892 (Unity) `InitPlayerLoopCallbacks'::`5'::EarlyUpdateExecuteMainThreadJobsRegistrator::Forward
0x000000014071CA60 (Unity) PlayerLoop
0x00000001411DE245 (Unity) PlayerLoopController::UpdateScene
0x00000001411DF7C8 (Unity) PlayerLoopController::UpdateSceneIfNeeded
0x00000001411E9BDD (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x000000014140EB0F (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00000001414103B5 (Unity) WinMain
0x0000000141E643A8 (Unity) __tmainCRTStartup
0x00007FFB40081FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFB40BDEFB1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
Reproduced with: 2017.3.1p1, 2017.3.1p2
Not reproduced with: 2017.3.1f1
Regression since: 2017.3.1p1 (0c5e59582224)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
May 07, 2018 09:37
In our case whn crashing on iOS we were pre-downloading asset bundles with the DownloadHandlerAssetBundle without accessing the asset bundle after the download was finished. After we changed the code to access the asset bundle and immediately unload it, the crashes seem to be gone now, but hard to be completely sure.
May 03, 2018 06:21
Apr 24, 2018 13:33
I've got crashes on Windows editor and iOS device.
Apr 12, 2018 20:43
Is this being worked on? We have not been able to upgrade since 2017.2.2f1 due to frequent editor crashes while loading bundles in later versions. Thanks
Apr 07, 2018 10:15
Have same issue on Windows in editor
Apr 06, 2018 14:39
We noticed that this bug was related to using WebRequest to cache bundles in background and not accessing the DownloadHandler.assetBundle property before the UnityWebRequest dispose.
Apr 05, 2018 13:35
Note this issue is not only Editor related, we're also having this crash on iOS.
Reproduced in LTS Release 2017.4.0f1
Mar 23, 2018 11:20
Also crashing with the same stacktrace on iOS devices when downloading multiple asset bundles.