Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
RaycastResult.sortingLayer always returns the default Layer when Raycast hits a GameObject with a Tilemap Renderer
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project "RaycastHit.sortingLayer.zip"
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Click on the Tilemap GameObject
Expected result: "My Sorting Layer" is printed as RaycastResult.sortingLayer
Actual result: "Default" is printed as RaycastResult.sortingLayer
Reproducible with: 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.14f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Could not test on Unity 2017.4, due to a fatal error being thrown when opening the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform