Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
RaycastResult.sortingLayer always returns the default Layer when Raycast hits a GameObject with a Tilemap Renderer
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project "RaycastHit.sortingLayer.zip"
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Click on the Tilemap GameObject
Expected result: "My Sorting Layer" is printed as RaycastResult.sortingLayer
Actual result: "Default" is printed as RaycastResult.sortingLayer
Reproducible with: 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.14f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
Could not test on Unity 2017.4, due to a fatal error being thrown when opening the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project