Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
[Quest] Unusable performance when terrain includes trees
In a simple scene with a terrain that includes a few trees performance is unusable (tearing and judder) when using MultiView with Vulkan, or either stereo mode with OpenGLES3. I found this problem with this configuration:
- Unity (trunk 45138d0401c5)
- BuiltIn RP
In the same scene, performance is okay using Vulkan with MultiPass stereo.
In a scene with the same terrain but no trees, performance is okay using Vulkan and MultiView stereo, and probably all the other combinations of API / stereo mode as well.
Sep 29, 2021 19:35
Ditto.. any word on fixing for 2020.3?
Aug 03, 2021 19:49
Any word on when this fix is going to make it to 2020.3?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException” and “Assertion failed on expression” errors are logged when starting Server in Play mode
- [iOS] App freezes and the "You can attach a managed debugger now if you want” message doesn’t show up when running the app on iOS devices with the "Wait For Managed Debugger" setting enabled
- TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput set from "true" to "false" when TextField is clicked in Android builds
- [Android] ReadPixels gives different results when using Vulkan on some devices
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Verified fixed on 2021.2.0a18 and above.