Search Issue Tracker
Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
Since the Memeory Allocation option was removed, the first Level of the 2D game kit will now not load any more for WebGL. The level is not particularly large, but with setting higher memory allocation in 2018.4, i could get that scene to load.
In 2019.4 or later this is no longer configurable and therefor the level won't load any more.
- download this project or download the 2D game Kit from the Asset Store into a new project
- try to build and run the Menu and Level1 via WebGL
- notice the out of memory error when the game loads in Chrome
Reproducible in 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2, 2021.1
In 2018.4, with the standard 256MB allocation, the error still persists, but by increasing the memory allocation, the application can still run.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefabs are reimporting every time a code change is made
- The UnityDownloadAssistant no longer asks for the install path on Windows
- [Encoding/compression] Lightmap compression artifacts when Build Target = Android, Lightmap Encoding = Low
- Public Spaceship demo errors due to missing prefabs and references on 2020.1
- Integer properties do not show up in Frame Debugger