Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2020.1
[Profiler Standalone] Profiler stops profiling and throws NullReference Errors on changing Profiler Mode from Playmode to Editor
On changing the 'Target Selection' in the Standalone Profiler from the default 'Playmode' to 'Editor' stops data profiling, throws continuous Null Reference Exceptions and also leads to the Menu Bar flickering constantly.
Refer to the attached video.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a New Project
2. Window > Analysis > Standalone Profiler
3. Enter and exit Play mode (Observe that errors are thrown but they stop after exiting Play mode)
4. Change profiler mode to Editor (Observe continuous errors that don't stop)
5. Change profiler mode back to Playmode
6. Enter Play mode again
Continuous Null Reference Exceptions are spammed in the console and the profiler stops profiling for 'Playmode' and continues for 'Editor'.
Profiler profiles Editor Data and Playmode data according to the 'Target' selected.
Working Fine on:
Standalone Profiler was introduced in 2020.1.0a21
Windows 10 and macOS 10.14, 10.15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules