Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1
[Profiler] ProfilerFrameData.DeleteThreadData generates significant stalls when data from Deep Profiling the Editor gets cleared
1. Open the attached user's project "ProfilerFrameData.zip"
2. Open the Profiler, make sure the record button is not selected and select Deep Profiler and Profile Editor
3. Press record and let the Profiler capture some data but don't let it fill the whole window
4. Press clear after captured data is halfway across the Profiler and stop the recording
5. Select the Hierarchy in the Profiler and search for ProfilerFrameData.DeleteThreadData in the Profiler search field
6. Select the ProfilerFrameData.DeleteThreadData in the Hierarchy and look for the peak near the start of the newly captured data
Expected result: ProfilerFrameData.DeleteThreadData does not generate significant stalls in 1 frame on the main thread when Deep Profiling
Actual result: ProfilerFrameData.DeleteThreadData generates significant stalls in 1 frame on the main thread when Deep Profiling (See attached ProfilerData.mp4)
Reproduces on: 2018.4.24f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.4.3f1, 2020.1.0b15, 2020.2.0a17
- This issue generates a considerable stall when hitting clear, even on an empty project without entering play mode.
- The main issue is that this will occur when "Clear On Play" is on when entering play mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button