Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.2
[Prefabs] Applying added GameObject to prefab from context menu makes its scripts lose references
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1237942.zip"
2. Open the "test" scene
3. In Hierarchy window right-click GameObject "Sphere" and then click "Added GameObject" > "Apply to Prefab"
4. Undo last step (ctrl/cmd + z)
5. In Hierarchy select GameObject "Prefab GO" and in Inspector window click "Overrides" > "Apply All"
Expected result: in step 3 and 5 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) keeps the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Actual result: in step 3 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) loses the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Reproducible with: 2018.4.21f1 2019.3.10f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.39f1 - GameObject context menu does not contain "Added GameObject"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException when selecting a Dropdown Component override in the Prefab Overrides menu for the second time
- USS variables are broken on IOS
- Crash when project is reopened or upgraded
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly
- Crash building for iOS after canceling a build