Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Prefabs] Applying added GameObject to prefab from context menu makes its scripts lose references
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1237942.zip"
2. Open the "test" scene
3. In Hierarchy window right-click GameObject "Sphere" and then click "Added GameObject" > "Apply to Prefab"
4. Undo last step (ctrl/cmd + z)
5. In Hierarchy select GameObject "Prefab GO" and in Inspector window click "Overrides" > "Apply All"
Expected result: in step 3 and 5 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) keeps the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Actual result: in step 3 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) loses the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Reproducible with: 2018.4.21f1 2019.3.10f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.39f1 - GameObject context menu does not contain "Added GameObject"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Incorrect tree shadows are shown in Play Mode when SRP Batcher is enabled
- [iOS][UaaL] After unloading a Unity scene, memory remains allocated depending on how much memory was used in the scene
- [WebGL] "Unable to open archive file" error is thrown in Build when "Compress Local Catalog" option is enabled for Addressables
- editor crashes on trying to open project on a very long path
- Performance in Game View is significantly impacted by Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread when a second monitor is connected