Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Prefabs] Applying added GameObject to prefab from context menu makes its scripts lose references
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1237942.zip"
2. Open the "test" scene
3. In Hierarchy window right-click GameObject "Sphere" and then click "Added GameObject" > "Apply to Prefab"
4. Undo last step (ctrl/cmd + z)
5. In Hierarchy select GameObject "Prefab GO" and in Inspector window click "Overrides" > "Apply All"
Expected result: in step 3 and 5 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) keeps the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Actual result: in step 3 - GameObject "Sphere" component Test (Script) loses the reference to the "Cube" GameObject
Reproducible with: 2018.4.21f1 2019.3.10f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.39f1 - GameObject context menu does not contain "Added GameObject"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor