Search Issue Tracker
Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
How to reproduce:
1. Download extract and open attached project (1128227repro.zip)
2. Open 'SampleScene'
3. Create an empty object and name it 'parent'
4. Create an instance of 'GameObject' Prefab (object 'parent' will automatically be the parent of it)
5. De-parent the 'GameObject' prefab instance
6. Enter and exit 'GameObject' prefab mode
Expected results: The hierarchy is unchanged or 'GameObject' is the child of object 'parent'
Actual results: 'GameObject' is left unchanged but another 'GameObject' is created as a child of 'parent' with a broken connection to the prefab
Reproducible with: 2018.3.6f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Note: If the 5th step is missed, the Prefab instance connection to the Prefab simply breaks.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes