Search Issue Tracker
Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
How to reproduce:
1. Download extract and open attached project (1128227repro.zip)
2. Open 'SampleScene'
3. Create an empty object and name it 'parent'
4. Create an instance of 'GameObject' Prefab (object 'parent' will automatically be the parent of it)
5. De-parent the 'GameObject' prefab instance
6. Enter and exit 'GameObject' prefab mode
Expected results: The hierarchy is unchanged or 'GameObject' is the child of object 'parent'
Actual results: 'GameObject' is left unchanged but another 'GameObject' is created as a child of 'parent' with a broken connection to the prefab
Reproducible with: 2018.3.6f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Note: If the 5th step is missed, the Prefab instance connection to the Prefab simply breaks.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window