Search Issue Tracker
[Backend] Prefab format has some compatibility issues and gets corrupted during the import
1. Open user's attached project "Woodcutting_Axe.zip"
2. Download and import user's attached package: "uploadtool_Woodcutting_Axe.unitypackage"
3. Try to drag imported prefab "axe" into the scene
-- Observe the error "Unable to instantiate prefab. Prefab may be broken"
Expected result: Unity inserts imported prefab in the Scene
Actual result: Prefab gets corrupted during the import and therefore cannot be inserted in the Scene
Reproducible with: 2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.3f1, 2018.3.0a8
Note: This issue is also addressed in the thread. The link is in the edit field down below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unpacking nested Prefabs causes their references to be set back to Prefabs instead of GameObjects in Scene
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- ListView in a Modal Window does not repaint when mousing over list's items