Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Prefab errors are thrown deleting Prefab instance after making prefab variant and another instance
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Add new Cube gameobject to the Scene
3. Make the Cube a prefab by dragging it to Project view
4. Do it two more times, once a variant, other an original prefab
5. Drag the Cube 1 (other original prefab instance) to the Hierarchy
6. Delete Cube prefab instance in Project view (select Delete Only option on prompt)
"Problem detected while importing the Prefab file: 'Assets/Cube 1.prefab'.
The file might be corrupt or have missing nested Prefabs. See details below.
Prefab instance problem: Cube (Missing Prefab with guid: 6a067e556ce05c5c7885e0bf069a1cfd)
"CheckConsistency: Component Transform has PrefabInstance different from its game object 'Cube 1'. Fixing by settings PrefabInstance to None
"[Worker0] CheckConsistency: Component Transform has PrefabInstance different from its game object 'Cube 1'. Fixing by settings PrefabInstance to None"
Reproduced with: 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a9
Does not reproduce with: 2021.1, 2021.2.0b6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
The PR that caused this was improving prefabs error logging.
Errors about corrupt prefabs is expected, any other errors e.g. CheckConsistency is not.