Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Prefab changes are not applied and an error occurs when changing fields that have SerializeReference attribute
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (SeralizedRefBug.zip)
2. Select the GameObject in the Hierarchy window
3. In the Inspector add any value to the list of SerializationBug Component
4. In the Component Context Menu select 'Modified Component' -> 'Apply To Prefab 'GameObject'
Expected result: the newly added value gets saved to the GameObject prefab
Actual result: the changes are unsaved and an error appears in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2019.3.10f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
Could not test with: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.21f1 (UnityEngine.SerializeReference not introduced)
Clicking the 'Apply All' button in the Overrides drop-down window at the top of the Inspector works as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform