Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.5f1, 2023.1.4f1, 2023.2.0a22
Prefab Asset FileIDs are changed after building player and using Save Project
1. What happened
I've been working with all Unity 2022.2 versions without any issues. Every week, I update to the latest version. However, after updating to Unity 2022.2.20, I noticed that the Unity Editor occasionally changes the GUID of some components in my prefabs, resulting in incorrect functionality. Interestingly, if I use the "Undo" feature in Unity Version Control to revert the changes made by the Unity Editor, everything works fine again.
2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
I'm still unsure about the exact cause, but it seems to occur after modifying prefabs, opening and closing scenes, and performing similar actions. The problem is that random prefabs end up getting modified, which is a significant issue.
I've already attempted to solve the problem by closing the Editor, deleting the "Library" folder, and reopening it. However, the bug still persists randomly.
There are more users having this issue:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 3D Sample Scene (HDRP) template tutorial Welcome Dialog pop-up doesn't appear on project creation
- [Profiler] The Addressable Asset Module module outputs an ArgumentException when asset GUIDs produce a hash collision with Addressables
- Huge amounts of tests have a start delay when pressing "Run All" in the Test Runner
- Blackboard: Double borders around the tooltip
- [WebGL]VideoPlayer Rendering stops when setting FilterMode of a texture downloaded with UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture()