Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceTest.zip"
2. Open "Loader.unity" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Click "Load Heavy Scene" in the bottom left corner to load
5. Observe "time" to load in the bottom right corner.
6. Click "Load Heavy Scene" again to unload
7. Observe "time" to unload in the bottom right.
Expected result: The Scene loading and unloading time is similar to previous Editor versions
Actual result: The Scene loading and unloading time is slower than previous Editor versions
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes