Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
1. Open the attached project "performance-test-project.zip"
2. Open "Loader.unity" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Click "Load Heavy Scene" in the bottom left corner to load
5. Observe "time" to load in the bottom right corner.
6. Click "Load Heavy Scene" again to unload
7. Observe "time" to unload in the bottom right.
Expected result: The Scene loading and unloading time is similar to previous Editor versions
Actual result: The Scene loading and unloading time is slower than previous Editor versions
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field