Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
1. Open the attached project "performance-test-project.zip"
2. Open "Loader.unity" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Click "Load Heavy Scene" in the bottom left corner to load
5. Observe "time" to load in the bottom right corner.
6. Click "Load Heavy Scene" again to unload
7. Observe "time" to unload in the bottom right.
Expected result: The Scene loading and unloading time is similar to previous Editor versions
Actual result: The Scene loading and unloading time is slower than previous Editor versions
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled